“I love the work I do. I went to massage school with the intent of specializing in manual therapy for fertility. The very day I was offered a job to work with women with reproductive challenges, I happened to have been diagnosed with my very own, allowing me to better relate to my patient’s peaks and valleys. I feel passionately about advancing the health of women and marginalized communities that have health care needs that go underserved and understudied. I pride myself on providing culturally appropriate care for people who desire more from their health care experience and am pleased to help my patients meet their personal goals.” – Danisha Christian, LMP
Danisha Christian, LMP is a Nationally Certified Massage Therapist with over 14 years of experience that specializes in manual therapy for fertility enhancement and the treatment of female reproductive ailments.
Her education comes from both formal and nontraditional sources:
- Danisha graduated from the Brenneke School of Massage where she had extensive education in anatomy, physiology and kinesiology as well as the application of manual therapy techniques.
- Through the Arvigo Institute, in San Ignacio Belize she became certified in Mayan Abdominal Massage, while completing case studies and an apprenticeship with Dr. Rosita Arvigo, D.O, Herbalist.
- In addition to these training programs, Danisha has done a great deal of studying from traditional indigenous Aunties and Grandmas who have passed down centuries-old techniques and teachings.
Manual therapy for fertility protocols developed by Danisha Christian, LMP incorporate numerous modalities and approaches. Danisha is currently working on a study to determine the clinical significance of a laterally leaning uterus on women undergoing ovarian stimulation during an IVF cycle.
Three of the main modalities utilized in her work and research:
- Maya Abdominal Massage
- Visceral manipulation
- Myofascial release techniques
All of these techniques have listed breaking up pelvic adhesions and/or realigning tissue as part of their treatment benefits.
Danisha has practiced as a Massage Therapist specializing in reproductive issues since 2004 and has used external manual therapy techniques as a complementary treatment with patients while they utilize assisted reproductive technology (ART), as well as with patients interested in using manual therapy as an alternative to ART.
She has offered this treatment of fertility enhancement benefits which include:
- Improved circulation to the reproductive organs (optimizing overall function and promoting proper distribution of fertility drugs)
- Breaking up and realigning/removing pelvic adhesions interfering with ovarian, uterine and nervous system function
- Immune and nervous system optimization
It is Danisha’s desire to support the health and well-being of women and their reproductive systems; helping women reach their goals around health and fertility. She often works in conjunction with western medical practitioners including Reproductive Endocrinologists and OBGYNs and brings integrity, professionalism and thorough knowledge to her alternative medical practice. Danisha has been published in Family Building Magazine (“Mayan Abdominal Massage”, Fall 2006) and featured in Seattle Magazine (“Fertile Ground”, April 2007). She has also been a guest speaker and presenter at various conferences and gatherings.
Training & Certifications
- Swedish Massage
- MyoFascial Release Techniques
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Constitutional Hydrotherapy
- Certified level Maya Abdominal Massage™ Therapist
- Level II Reiki
- Certified Couples Pregnancy Massage Instructor
- Trigger Point